PGE would move operations to Oregon and join with two more privately owned FFL companies to better support the market, and became part of the owner network for the Tualatin Valley Sportsman’s Club (TVSC).
- 1957 The PGE founder and sons would spend the next 20 years contributing significantly in order to exhilarate the expansion of gun-clubs in the Pacific Northwest and construction of the Tri-County Gun Club (TCGC) to mention just a few.
The true seeds of modern day SAMS were sewn in 1960’s when the PGE board members focused on expanding shooting infrastructure and expanding Junior shooting teams and training programs in multiple high schools. When kids still brought guns to school throughout the Pacific Northwest as part of the DCM Junior Shooting Program.
- Throughout the 60’s the PGE owner’s, after moving to Oregon would continue to help build and expand shooting programs supporting the National Defense Act after creating the Office of the Director of Civilian Marksmanship (DCM), Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) and the National Rifle Association (NRA) in Gun-Club’s throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- The PGE network would launch, and sponsor, numerous Junior Shooting and training programs even in High Schools throughout the Pacific Northwest supported by both the NRA and CPM programs. This activity continues to support the sport and social acceptance of the small arms shooting industry and culture still today.
- Contributions to the Tri-County Gun Club (TCGC) including a new indoor shooting range to support the 22-Target shooting activities for both Senior and Junior shooting teams.
- In the 1960’s PGE management would be elected to key positions at TVSC, TCGC, and the Portland Rifle and Pistol Club; in addition to sponsoring and managing several shooting events and sight-in day’s activities throughout the Pacific Northwest.